Monday, July 20, 2020

24A – Venture Concept No. 1

Opportunity

The opportunity that I have identified is to create good quality homemade baked goods and sell them at an affordable price. Moreover, these products are going to be delivered and in this way, customers do not have to go anywhere. The potential customer to consume my product are people that are looking for homemade flavor, but they do not have knowledge, skills, or time to make these products. Based on the previews assignment the majority of the audience that I will target are families with children around the age of 2-16-year-old, but even this is the main target the audience can vary since young couples or students are interested too. The need for my product address the lack of good quality baked goods, usually, people buy baked products in retail stores and these products do not deliver the homemade flavor that people are looking for, or maybe the products are not as fresh as they promise to be. Therefore, my product will solve this need since they would have homemade flavor and freshness, non of my product will be frozen or preserved. The product can be for the family to enjoy a sweet over the weekend, snacks, or even take it to an especial event. I am offering my product and the delivery services in the area of Orlando, Fl.

Even that a lot of people are loyal to big recognized bakeries such as public bakery people are looking for better-baked products and this is the opportunity to make my product shine. Moreover, due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, people are avoiding going out, so our delivery is convenient in this situation. This opportunity will be always open for people that want to consume fresh homemade baked goods, or if they need to take any baked goods to an especial event.

Innovation

Many people may think that my idea does not have any innovation, but the reality is that the innovation is in the recipes that I have been developing throughout the years and this is what makes my product different from others. This journey has not been easy because baking is a lot about try and failure and I have to say that I have a lot of failures developing my recipes, but I was able to successfully creating the recipes for different products such as brownies, cakes, cupcakes, cookies and different kind of bread.  

One of my favorite thing to bake are cookies I actually consider myself a cookies monster because cookies are the best dessert ever especially if they are homemade. I have to say that this is one of the recipes that was hard to create and modify. I bake different kinds of cookies such as birthday cake cookies, sprinkle cookies, cinnamon cookies, lemon cookies, salted caramel cookies, and my favorite want chocolate chips cookies. All these cookies are chewy in the inside and crunchy on the outside. Each cookies weight 120 g and they are going to sell 2.25$ each cookie or dozen cookies for 25$. My brownies are characterized to be extra fudge and top with homemade Nutella each brownie will cost 2 $. 

My cakes are characterized because the texture is fluffy and moist. Also, I offer a different kind of flavor and all cakes have a frosting. Customers can buy a slide of cake for 2.50$ or you can buy all cake the price will vary in how big the customer wants the cake. Cupcakes are also fluffy and moist with frosting on the top. The size of the cupcakes are regular and the prices of the cupcakes vary between 1.25-3 $ depending on the flavor and toppings of the cupcake. A dozen cupcakes can vary between 8-15$ depending on the flavor of the cupcakes. 

Venture Concept

The recipes that I created in the past will help me to bake good quality homemade products and this will be useful for people that are looking for fresh products with a good flavor. Moreover, the delivery service is something that is appealing to a lot of people since they do not have to go anywhere. The hard part to make customers switch will be the big competition that is in this field because sometimes people prefer to buy in some store that they already know even if the products are not what they want. After intervening a lot of people I realized that one of my biggest competition is Publix bakery because apparently is one of the best retail stores when it comes to baked products. However, these products are not as fresh or have the same flavor as homemade products. Moreover, the majority of these products are frozen and have a lot of additives to preserve the products. This gives me an advantage because my products do deliver good flavor, texture, and freshness. The products that I baked are not frozen and they don't contain additives. The prices are pretty much the same, so people will get a better product for the same price.

At the beginning of this bussiness, we would be a team of 5 people. Two people are going to in charge of the cakes, cupcakes and cake decoration. 1 person is going to take care of social media, website, taking the orders of the customers, and the delivery services. The other 2 will be in charge of baking the other products.


The three minor elements

The most important resource for my business the recipes that I have created over the years and the experience that my team and I have in the baking field.

The next opportunity that I would like to tackle with my current idea will be to have a physical location where I can have a bigger kitchen to bake large quantities of different products.

For me, it will be a dream to have this venue. I would like to create more recipes, but these products will be healthy options for people with diabetes or maybe some kind of allergies. 







2 comments:

  1. Hey Valeria, I think you did a great job on answering all the many parts of this complex assignment. Your breakdown of the innovation section gave me some more concrete information in regarding your venture in this class. I finally got to know some of the specifics about your baked goods, like the prices of some of them and how you plan on conducting the charges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Valeria,

    Looks like your long-term plan involves expanding the business to sustain a larger customer base. For a business like yours, building customer relationships will be very useful because you can generate repeating orders from loyal customers. Then, you can grow your kitchen capacity in proportion to the growth of your customer base so you aren't accumulating unnecessary costs.

    ReplyDelete