Saturday, July 25, 2020

26A – Celebrating Failure

1- Something that I have been trying to do during the summer semester and I failed was to workout at least 5 times per week. I started this goal around may but I have to say that I failed. I was able to workout somedays, but I was never constant. Some days I felt good and had free time to work out, but other days I was super busy and tired and I did not work out.

2- Something that I learned during this time is that I need to improve my time management skill and have a good balance between school and my personal life. I have to say that I got frustrated every time that I felt too tired and overwhelmed to workout because it was something that I wanted to do for me, but I put all my attention to my classes and at the end of the day did not have any energy for it. Therefore, I learned that I need to organize my time not just for my responsibilities, but also for my personal interest.

3- I think that failure is something that frustrates us and let me feel that I am not enough for the goal that I have set. However, failure helps me to realize that if I change something and do it differently it may give me a different result. This class has taught me that to be successful you have to go out of your comfort zone and take risks. Risk can be something that you want to do but you are afraid of it because of failure, or it can be something you do not feel comfortable with because you don't know how to do it. The reality is that sometimes those risks can help you to succeed or fail, and this is why people are afraid of them because no one wants to fail. However, failure can help you to change your perspective and the way we do things, and this will help us to succeed and avoid making the same mistakes in the future. I feel that I am more willing to go out of my comfort zone because I know if I don't do this I will not grow as a person or improve in my goals.

3 comments:

  1. Valeria, your personal struggle being consistent with working out is something I can relate to. I recently made a goal to keep up with my personal fitness and it has been very difficult. With COVID-19 causing many business and gyms to have limited openings, this has been especially hard. You are completely right that failure can be a sign that we need to change things to get a different result. We should be less afraid of failure and invite it so that we may see better results in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Valeria, I really enjoyed reading about you slowly learning to overcome something that troubles you. I think in a time like this you are definitely not the only one struggling with their fitness goals, with the gyms being open one week and closed the next. I think it's just like you said, you have to find some time out of your day and get it done somehow and someway. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Valeria,

    Working out during quarantine has been a unique challenge for me as well. My workout partner says that it takes 21 days for an activity to become a habit, and I've seen some truth behind that statement. It took my approximately 3 weeks when quarantine began to adjust to a new normal. With persistence and patience, after those first 3 weeks it became uncomfortable for me to miss a workout, because it felt like I was cheating myself.

    ReplyDelete