Monday, July 27, 2020

28A – Your Exit Strategy

1- I think my bussiness can stay in the market for more than 5 years because I sell products that people constantly consume. I think for a large return I will sell my bussiness in the next 10-15years because it takes time to build a good reputation and I would like to enjoy my dream a little more time than just 5 years. I don't think I will retire any time soon I would like to expand the business and maintain for future family members that are moving from Venezuela. This would help them to start a new life here and a way to gain money from a solid bakery.

2- The main reason of this exit strategy is because I am thinking about the future of my family. I still have some family in Venezuela and they are thinking of moving here to look for a better future just like my family and I did. If I keep the bakery more time I can build a good reputation and build an audience, so when they take the bakery it would be easier for them. Moreover, I would like to be involved in the business more time because this will give me a different experience.

3- I think this decision would potentially influence my family to accelerate their decision of coming to the United States to change their life. I think they will be more enthusiastic and motivated to start a new life doing something that they know how to do and the like it. I think that the fact that I know my family is planning to come here has influenced me to take this decision because I would like to help them. I know that starting over again is not easy and this will make their journey a little bit easier. Moreover, as I mention before baking is an activity that my all family enjoy and we are all good at it. The fact that they can be in this bussiness in the future I know they knowledge it will be a good resource for the bakery because the quality of the products will be maintained or even it can improve.

2 comments:

  1. Valeria, clearly family is very important to you and I can respect that. I find myself in a similar position. Ultimately, I want to be able to provide a better life for my family one day and help accelerate their own dreams. I see that from your strategy, you are also interested in creating value for your shareholders and business partners. Staying in business for 10 to 15 years would undoubtedly provide value to the community and economy and that is something to be commended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Valeria, I completely agree with you on how long you plan to own and operate your business idea. Your shop is something that can just be passed on from generation to generation because your target market will always be there and wanting what you have to offer. I also love your thought process of it going in to help your family back home in Venezuela.

    ReplyDelete