Wednesday, July 22, 2020

25A – What’s Next?


Existing Market


I think that for my existing market what I would have to work on is to create new recipes for people that have certain health conditions such as any food allergy, intolerance, diabetes, or any other. I have tried to bake different healthy recipes, but I have not been able to get the results that I want. Therefore, I will work on it and hopefully offer these products in my bakery.


The three customers I interviewed were interested in my idea and they definitely would buy my products and use the delivery service. Also, they say they like the fact that the products were not frozen or have any additives in them. Moreover, they gave me some ideas.


Some of them mentioned that they love the delivery service and that they would totally use it, but they mentioned that it would be a good idea to have a spot to a location where they can pick up the order.


Moreover, they mentioned I could create a reward system to increase the loyalty of my customers and other customers will also be interested and buy my products. I have seen these reward programs in big clothes stores or in smoothies venues. I think is a great idea and it will help me to maintain my customers.


I love the idea to have a reward program form customers I did not think of this before and is a good strategy to bring more customers and to keep my current customers. After reaching the maximum points the customers will get a reward. I have not seen this in any of the big bakeries that I know.


New Market


I am currently targeting families with children's but this can vary to college students or young adults. Thinking about what another market I can target that is completely opposite is selling my product to big retail stores or to minimarkets.


My venue would add value to these stores because I will be selling them high-quality products with amazing flavor and freshness. This would increase their quality and customers that are looking for these products will buy more in their facilities. My business offers a variety of baked products and their presentation is appealing to the public. Moreover, the reward program can be implanted in the stores that I sell my products and customer will attend their stores because they get rewards.


I interviewed 2 people that are bakers and sell their products to other stores. They like my concept because they work with the same principles. They explained to me how is the process works with other stores. They mentioned they have been successful with minimarkets because they have believed in their products and customers seem to like it a lot. They bring their products to their stores 3-4 times per week. They have mentioned that working with big bakeries( Publix bakery) is almost impossible because they are loyal to their own brand and it is the cheapest option for them. Moreover, they mentioned is important to know how to manage lar quantities of products because usually, they order big amounts of different products.


This new market looks appealing to me because it will be a great way to expose my product to a larger audience. Moreover, it will be a new challenge for me because I have never sell my product to another big venue, so it will help me to gain experience to work with others and it would let me work with large amount of products. I already knew how the process was because a good friend of my mom sells her products to minimarkets in Miami. It did not surprise me that recognized bakeries such as Publix or Walmart won't be open to selling other products than their own products since is something that is their own brand and it is cheaper to produce those products that buying from other suppliers.




2 comments:

  1. Hey Valeria, it was very interesting to see what new market you were going to choose when your existing one was pretty solid. I also did something similar to yours with my new market, instead of selling it directly to the customers, I'd go through another business. It seemed like many people would get to benefit from this new market since you would be going through a more well known company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valeria! I really like your idea about creating new recipes for those that have health conditions. I’m sure individuals who suffer from diabetes or food allergies can appreciate this since they are not allowed to eat certain foods. Your interviewees also mentioned some great ideas about your business concept. The reward system would be a good way to keep track of the loyalty of your customers and help you see what kinds of people are interested in purchasing your baked goods.

    ReplyDelete