Who: After interviewing people I got a lot of mixed reviews about my idea some people said that they would use the service and some other people did not agree with me.
- A couple of college students that I interviewed loved the idea. They said that they always were cravings sweets (mostly cookies) during the study time. They like the idea of the delivery because in this way they will save time by not going to the store to get baked goods.
- Other couples of college students were not excited at all because they mentioned that during quarantine they have been working out and getting new eating behaviors. They are eating a healthy snack and avoiding sweets, cookies, cakes, or anything that contains sugar.
- I spoke with a friend in Venezuela and she has her own cupcake business. She mentioned that my idea is totally fine and that there is a chance that I succeed. However, she mentioned that I have to work a lot in marketing to let people know my products since I would have a lot of competition.
- A young adult said that it is a good idea, but she mentioned that she is loyal yo the baked good that is found in public because they are pretty good. She has been buying them for years and she would not risk getting other products.
What: My idea is for people that want to consume freshly baked products that can be delivered to their location. Especially for those people that don't have time to bake or people that do not have baking skills. However, people that are trying to pursue a healthier lifestyle or people that are loyal to another big bakery company are not interested in my service. Therefore, a healthy lifestyle and loyalty are some factors that might affect my idea.
Why: The unmet need that I am trying to develop has not changed. However, with this feedbacks I feel that I have more clarity on who will buy my products. The need still exists for a particular audience, but people that are loyal to big bakeries or frozen products might think that buying products from small business are not the same quality than those that they already know.
Hi Valeria,
ReplyDeleteI love this idea. Whenever I am studying, I am always hungry and snacking on something. I agree with your friend from Venezuela that marketing will be very important for you because there will be fierce competition. I think that your product is great because it entails freshly baked cookies that are delivered. I would definitely be a customer! Although you got mixed reviews about your product, I think this exercise helped you because now you have more clarity on who your customers will be.
Hi Valeria. There are always going to be shoppers that eat healthy but equally there are shoppers that have a sweet tooth. Starting this type of business can be challenging (due to the number of bakeries that all ready exist), but it can be done. You have to differentiate yourself from all the other bakeries within your area. Do you offer a special type cookie? Is the buttercream you use special in some way? Are your breads only sweet or savory as well? You all ready have an edge by offering delivery services so you can build off that as well.
ReplyDelete-Carrie Steinolfson
Hey Valeria, after looking through your finding for this assignment, I agree with you and your decision to not stray from the original idea and to keep going with it. I conducted my interviews via FaceTime and video chat as well, and from the looks of it you've seemed to get good feedback from friends, other business owner, and your fellow peers about your idea. I think that you don't h ave to do too much in terms of adjustments based off your responses from those interviews.
ReplyDelete