Opportunity #1: Leveraging e-commerce in the fight against COVID-19
A- https://www.brookings.edu/blog/future-development/2020/04/27/leveraging-e-commerce-in-the-fight-against-covid-19/
B- This article talks about the importance of E-commerce during this pandemic. Internet and online resources have been helping people to perform daily life activities with less risk of getting contaminated with the virus. In fact, the article suggests that e-commerce has helped to maintain jobs during this pandemic. Therefore, this is a potential opportunity even post-pandemic since a lot of people are getting more comfortable performing some tasks without going out.
C-I think everyone that has access to online resources can be a potential customer for e-commerce. During this pandemic, everyone had to use any service ( such as Amazon, Instacar, zoom, skype, food delivery services) to get something essential.
D- I think this opportunity is between easy and some kind difficult to exploit due to the difficult time. There is already much e-commerce in the market and I think to develop an e-commerce a lot of money is necessary. However, this is an opportunity that already exists, so it can be easy to develop.
I think the reason this opportunity exists is that much small-medium businesses should think about the e-commerce opportunity because this pandemic is going to change the world significantly. A lot of people are afraid to go out and have social interaction, and this will go on for a while. E-commerce is an opportunity for this business to survive.
Opportuniy#2: Southeast Asia’s Microbusinesses Go Digital to Compete
A- https://asiafoundation.org/2020/05/13/southeast-asias-microbusinesses-go-digital-to-compete/
B- This article explains how small businesses in south Asia were significantly economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, and how they move to be online to survive during the difficult times. This is an opportunity for microentrepreneurs and informal workers in South Asia to enter the digital economy which lets them get some income, maintain themself in the market, and new audiences.
C- The prototypical customer will be those people in South Asia who have access to the internet, apps, and smartphones to connect with these digital small businesses and get their services or products.
D-I think this opportunity is medium to exploit. A lot of small businesses and microentrepreneurs are offering their services online already, but not all products or services can be fully delivered by an online platform.
I think this is a great opportunity for microentrepreneurs because it will let them keep their business life. This opportunity exists since a lot of people still afraid of going out and has any social interaction especially in the Asia continent where this pandemic started and getting essential products or services online is a better option than going out. I personally like it when I can find a product online because I feel I save time going out.
Opportuniy#3: Bring your mask when Disney Springs reopens Wednesday: Here's what you need to know
A- https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2020/05/16/disney-springs-begin-reopen-wednesday-heres-what-know/5206051002/
B- The article talks about the re-opening of Disney springs and the new policies that are going to be implementing. This is an opportunity for all the businesses that are located in Disney Springs to re-open after several weeks of being close and get back on track. Moreover, this is an opportunity for workers to start working again. In addition, since Disney world, in general, is opening this will bring tourists and the economy of Orlando can improve since tourism is one of the main sources of the economy in Orlando.
C- The prototypical customer will be people that are looking for some kind of recreation after this long period of being at home, tourist, and Disney fans of course.
D- I think the opportunity is easy t exploit since is not something new besides the safety rules that are going to be implanted. The rules are already established and they can be found online, so anyone who decides to go to Disney Springs has access to the rules.
I believe this opportunity exists because the quarantine time is coming to an end, and I personally believe that we need to return to some activities slowly for the well being of the economy and individuals that have loss their jobs during this pandemic. I have a lot of friends that worked in different places that lost their jobs due to the pandemic. I think re-opening places such as Disney springs will help people to get jobs back.
Opportuniy#4: Drive-in movie theaters making a comeback during COVID-19
A- https://www.foxla.com/news/drive-in-movie-theaters-making-a-comeback-during-covid-19
B-The Article talks about how during the pandemic drive-in movie theaters came back to life. During the pandemic, regular movie theaters were shut down and we don't know yet when they are going to re-open. Drive-in movie theater doesn't involve social interaction since you can stay in your car. This is a great opportunity for this kind of business to make a huge comeback even after the pandemic. The opportunity exists since a lot of people are just bored to be at home and this is a great way to get entertain and be safe.
C- The prototypical customer will be people that are looking for some kind of family entertainment without being exposed to social interaction, and people that love go to the movies. I personally will go to a drive-in movie since I have never had that experience.
D- I think it is easy to exploit this opportunity. We all are looking for something to do after being so much time at home. This is something that has been done in the past and I think is a great concept for people that don't want to be exposed. There are some safety rules that are being implanted as well.
I think this is a great opportunity to recover something from the past and have it as an entertainment option even after the pandemic. Personally, I have always wanted to go to a drive-in movie because is a different experience. After this pandemic, I think that is something that I would like to do because I enjoy the movies, but at the same time, I want to stay safe for me and my love ones. I think lot of people feel the same way I do. Also, I believe that maintaining safety rules in a movie theater is harder than any other place.
Hi Valeria. I am really shocked that Disney Springs will be opening soon. My son and I take a trip there at least twice a year and it can be extremely crowded. I do not know how they are going to be able to practice safe social distancing. The main Disney store (at Disney Springs) has about a 3-foot-wide walking space within the store so I do not know how they are going to navigate the social distancing guidelines. It will be very interesting!
ReplyDeleteHey Valeria,
ReplyDeleteOut of the opportunities you mentioned, I was drawn most to the story about drive-in theaters. I have noticed that our generation is very interested in bringing back past trends when it comes to things like clothing and dances. I have never been to a drive-in theater, but I've seen them in movies and TV shows, and I would love to go to one in the future. There seems to be a high demand for this service, and this is a type of business where start-up costs can be easily calculated. Hopefully we see more drive-in theaters soon!
Hey Valeria, your Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends was organized very well and was very inciteful. The opportunity that stood out to me the most was your last one about drive-in movie theaters making a comeback during COVID-19. I agree with you that this opportunity would be relatively easy to accomplish and if done correctly could bring turn back time and bring back the nostalgia for drive in movie theaters.
ReplyDelete