Wednesday, May 13, 2020

2A- Bug List

20 Bug list

1. Classes at 8:00 am in the morning

              - Some professors like to start the day early so they set their classes really early in the morning. University accommodates schedules.

2.Waking up before 7:00 am
         
            - In order to get ready to start the day I have to wake up earlier to get myself ready and eat something before my activities.

3.Paying a rent unnecessarily during the Covid19 pandemic

            - Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, I had to leave Gainesville. I still paying the rent of my apartment there since any landlord did not have any flexibility with their leases.

4. The cold environment in the morning due to low AC

             - My parents set the AC to low during the night because they say that during the night the house gets too hot (I disagree). Therefore, the house gets too cold during the night and in the morning is freezing cold.

5.Cold floor in the mornings

             - Since my parents set the AC too cold the floor gets even colder than it is.

6. Dirty public restrooms

              - A lot of people use public restrooms and not everyone cares about it. Since they do not have to clean it they do whatever they want. Also, some places with public restrooms do not care about cleaning these places properly or maybe they do not have the staff to do it.

7.People that drive to fast

              - People think that if they drive fast they will get sooner to their destinations.

8. Not finding all-purpose flour and toilet paper at the store

                  - During this pandemic, some people have been going crazy and buying supplies desperately.  Even if they do not need it they buy it, and this makes some storage of supplies such as toilet paper and all-purpose flour ( apparently everyone is baking)

9- Throw away the garbage in the community container

               - In my community, no one comes for the garbage and the garbage containers are far away from my house. My sisters and I have different responsibilities at home and this is one of my responsibilities.

10. It bugs me to wear a face mask to everywhere I have to go
         
              - Due to the Covid19 pandemic, I have to wear a facemask for my safety and for the safety of others. In some counties is mandatory the use of the face mask.

11. It bugs me to have to ¨desinfect¨ myself before entering my house
           
                   - My mom set a rule. Before entering my house I have to spray my clothes with Lysol and take my shoes off for the safety of my family

12. It bugs me to finish my senior year online, and away from the UF campus.
               
                    - Due to the Covid19 pandemic, universities have been moved from in-person classes to online classes to ensure the safety of students.

13. low internet speed connection
                   
                     - There are a lot of devices in my house that are connected to our internet (we are 5 people in the house) this makes the connection to be a little bit low. Also, due to the pandemic, everyone is on the internet having meetings, turning in assignments or just being in social media

14. It bugs when sisters do not close my door
                       
                       - If I am in my room doing homework I keep the door close. Whenever my sisters just come in to tell me something they forget to close the door.

15. It bugs me when my phone dies in the middle of the day and I don't have my charger with me
                         
                          - Somedays I just forget to charge my phone during the night, so when this happens it usually dies in the middle of the day. Also, I always forget to take my charger before going out.

16. It bugs me to trust people that I should not trust

                        -My friends and family always tell me that I am really innocent and that I think that all people are nice and friendly. This leads me to trust people really easily. Unfortunately, not everyone is the person that I think.

17. It bugs me that I am not able to speak with my family and friend in Venezuela whenever I want.

                         - In Venezuela, electricity shuts down are common which make me unable to speak with my family and friend. Also, their internet connection sucks, and it is really hard to speak with them.

18. It bugs me when people are rude to sales associates or staff of a retail store, restaurant, or fast food place.

                           - People think that workers are perfect and that if something minimal happens is their fault. During this pandemic, I have seen angry customers yelling at workers because of different reasons such as storage of products, order time, disagreement of new rules, and many others.

19. It bugs me that I had nothing else to watch in my streamings platforms (Netflix, Hulu, Disney plus).
                             - Since I had some free time during this pandemic I watched all the shows and movies that interested me in all the streaming platforms that I have. Leaving me without nothing to watch.

20.  It bugs me that I gaining weight during this pandemic

                                - During the pandemic, I have been baking sweets because it is something that I found fun. Therefore, I have been eating a lot of sweets and I have no motivation to workout.


Reflection: I think that findings my bugs were not difficult due to the difficult situation that we are involved, but finding the why of those bugs was challenging because I never ask myself why those bugs exist.





4 comments:

  1. Hi Valeria,

    I notice a lot of your bugs are specific to the current pandemic! At least a lot of your bugs will go away once every day life goes back to normal. I'm sorry you're struggling to speak to your friends and family in Venezuela; I'm going through a similar issue since my mom has been in India for close to a year now, and her internet always goes out during our Facetime calls. Great post, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I face the same issue with family members coming into my room while I'm doing something than leaving the door open. Part of it is that I can't hear them if I'm wearing my headset. But it’s nice when they remember to respect my privacy. My family does something similar with the AC. During the winter the heat is never on, and everyone for some reason opens up a window. Waking up shivering or under three blankets becomes the new normal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I can relate to many of your frustrations, and there could be many solutions to those issues. You should defintely consider looking at ways that you can solve those bugs. One of the bugs I could heavily relate to was the bug related to communcation in your family in venezuela. At this point, I am in my country in Colombia, and always have issues with the wifi and electricity. A way you can improve your bug list for future references is being more detailed in your responses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Valeria, really well written and explained bug list. Some of the things that you listed, and I also listed were spot on. The internet being slow is a huge thing that annoys me, especially in public places. One thing you mentioned on your list that I didn't even think about was the waking up before 7:00am. I am very much not a morning person, so whenever I have to wake up for either work or school that early, it truly is a pain.

    ReplyDelete