1. Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique
Good Communicator: Since I was little I have always been told that I am a good listener and this has helped me to develop communication skills. I always listen to a concern or inquietude and try to give my opinion in a polite way that can easy to understand.
Open mind: I always try to hear others because those comments can help me to grow in different aspects. I try not to get a negative comment too personally instead I try to look at what I can do to improve or what I am doing wrong.
Brave: I think I am a brave person because I am always open to take different challenges and risks. When I was 21 years old I took the decision to leave my University in Venezuela and start a new career in the USA. It has not been easy at all and it took a lot of courage to make that decision, but 4 years later I am almost done with my dietetic degree.
Determined: If I decided to start or reach a goal I am always looking for solutions or paths to archive what I want. I have had moments where I want to quit, but my determination to reach the end of a goal is always bigger. Maybe it takes me more time than I thought, but I always finish.
Incorruptible: I have been raised with strong values from my parents which I really appreciate because I consider that thanks to that I am a good person. These values are so important to me that I would not break because I would be betraying myself.
2) Interview the five people who know you the best.
Interview#1
https://soundcloud.com/valeria-eugenia-perez-sarabia/valentina
My sister knows me well she mentioned almost all the skills that I consider that describe me. She considers that knowledge in nutrition is complete and that I have very good skills at the time of cooking and baking.
Interview#2
https://soundcloud.com/valeria-eugenia-perez-sarabia/veronica-interview
This was my little sister and I could see that she pretty much thinks that I am an empathetic person who likes to share and help people. Moreover, she mentioned my passion for dancing which makes me think that I love what I do and I have discipline.
Interview#3
https://soundcloud.com/valeria-eugenia-perez-sarabia/fernanda-interview
My cousin described me as a persistent person and that I like to help people. She mentioned that I am organized at the time of performing a task which is something that I had not noticed.
Interview#4
https://soundcloud.com/valeria-eugenia-perez-sarabia/interview4
I think that my friend knows me well and in all these years of friendship, she has always told me that talking to me is like therapy because I pay attention to what she is saying. I can see that she noticed my determination to finish my goals.
Interview#5
https://soundcloud.com/valeria-eugenia-perez-sarabia/maria
In this interview, the main focus was on my values and how I have used them. I think to me it is really important to notice my values because this let know people the kind of person that I am. also, I learn that people see that I trust what I am doing at the time to do something.
After the interviews, I don't think that there is to much difference between what I think and what my family thinks. They talk a lot about what I like to help and I care about others, and that I am determined and passionate about my goals. I think these interviews are totally correct and I would not change anything of the list that I wrote. I think that both things together work well and describes my abilities and skills.
Valeria, like you, I did not find much disconnect between what I already thought of myself and what people thought of me. There were certainly things I did not know about myself but there were no big surprises. The people that know you the best, I believe tend to see a similar side of you. I think as you get closer to people, you show your normal consistent side of your personality. I know when I meet you people, I unconsciously act different so they may see something different than those close to me.
ReplyDeleteHey Valeria, happy to get to know a little more about the type of person you are, and it's pretty funny how accurate you and your family were when describing the type of person you are. These people are you Immediate family, so it's safe to assume that they know you best, and they had nothing but positive and great things to say about your character and the type of person you are.
ReplyDelete