I think that I have developed my time management skills and try to be ahead with my assignments. I always try to turn the assignments in before the due date and try to be ahead by a week. This helps me to reduce my stress and be more aware of what I have to do in the assignment. Also, this helps me not to rush through my assignment and make sure that have met all the requirement.
2. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
I would say that I felt like giving up 1 week ago because it took me a lot of time to complete my assignments and I got really frustrated. What pulled through this frustration is think that this is my last semester at UF and that I would be graduating by the end of the summer. Therefore, all the hard work would be worth it because my graduation is one of my biggest dreams. I do think that I have developed tenacious attitudes the past two months because I am determined to end my last semester with excellent grades, and to archive that I have been planing and working ahead to archive this goal. I think the fact that is my last semester motivates me to give my best to end this journey.
3) What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset'?
- Work ahead: As soon as the class is open start working on your blog. Don´t wait till the last minute to work on your assignments because some of them take a lot of time. Time management is the key to be successful in this class.
- Open mind: There is a lot of assignments where you are going to interview people or get feedback that is not the one that you want to hear, but this is the kind of feedback that would help you to develop your ideas and future assignments better. Don´t take feedback personally use it to improve.
- Watch Video Lectures: In this lectures, you would get a better understanding of what you need to do in your assignments and it can solve some of your doubts. Moreover, there are specific questions about the lectures on the cupcakes. Take notes and pay attention to the video!
Valeria, your tips for next semesters students really resonated with me. Being open minded is one of the biggest advantages I feel you could have as a student. Your constantly introduced to new and better ways of doing things. I know as a student, my experience at UF has been shaped by new ideas and I am better for it. Working ahead is also a great tip. It is easy to drown in the number of assignments from different classes but working ahead can keep that stress to a minimum.
ReplyDeleteHey Valeria, I think your tips for next semester are very useful. I especially like three tips you would offer next semester's student about fostering the skills that support tenacity and developing the tenacious mindset. All three are necessary to excel in this class and to retain all the information to the best of their ability. I agree with you, week one was tough because we didn't really know what to expect from the class.
ReplyDeleteHey Valeria,
ReplyDeleteI agree completely with your approach to tackling this course. Time management and watching lectures have been the key for my success so far these past few weeks. Additionally, graduation seems to be a great motivating factor to get through a course you might not want to take. Something I picked up from another person's reflection is to have fun and be creative with assignments to avoid the boredom that comes with a routine schedule of assignments.