I continued interviewing families around 4 or 5 members and most of them have children between 3-10 years old. After talking with the 3 families I found a lot of similarities between them
The 3 families explained that they have been using online resources to buy a lot of things that they need even before the pandemic. However, some of them go to retail stores depending on what product they want to get. Couple moms mentioned different services that they use to get groceries such as Instacart or Amazon prime, so in this way, they do not have to go to the store with the little ones. All 3 families agree that the most important thing for them is the quality of a product or service because they want something that they are going to use or like. The second factor they consider is to compare prices between some stores, but in general, the main one is quality.
These particular families buy almost everything they can online and they pay online with either credit, debit cards, PayPal, or even Venmo. If they go to the store the preferred method would be debit or credit card. All of the families agree they use cash very few times, or they even said they never have cash.
Post-purchase evaluation
Each family had a different opinion on how to evaluate if their pursuance was worth it or not, but they were things that they have in common. Some of the families mentioned how the product works are important because they are looking for a good quality product that satisfies their necessities. Other families mentioned that they look for a good and responsible delivery service because they mentioned they have used other services in the past such as pick up and they always were missing things, or it was not the quality of service that they were looking for.
Report the findings
The responses from these families were similar they only differed in a few things. I could see that people are looking for quality because of the good quality of a product or service is what is going to solve your necessities. All families that I spoke with are familiarized with online shopping and delivery services.
Conclusion
These people all fit in my target segment. From these interviews, I learned that I could offer more payment methods to my customers. Initially, I was thinking to use just Venmo or Zelle but my customers may be able to pay with debit or credit card if I found a device. Moreover, I am happy to hear that my target customer are looking for quality products because that is one of the point of my bakery idea ( provide quality baked goods). In addition, I learned that I have to focus on providing a good quality delivery service since customers take that in consideration.
Hi Valeria. I had similar responses with my interviews. The people in my interview placed a lot of emphasis on value for the dollar. They also shared a common theme in how they paid for items during this pandemic. The main forms of payment was buy a debit and/or credit card. All three of my interviews are utilizing grocery delivery and are shopping online exclusively as well. -Carrie Steinolfson
ReplyDeleteValeria, your opportunity is interesting in that it involves not individual consumers but family units. This family dynamic makes tailoring the product much more specific but attractive. If an entire family unit agrees with the product, you are effectively winning over several people at once. The social credibility with that type of transaction is extremely high. Families are connected like a web. In certain cultures and societies, word of mouth is much more important than any commercial advertising you can do so this is extremely valuable to the potential of the business.
ReplyDeleteHey Valeria, first of all I liked how you interviewed more than one person with children, because I believe that families would be a perfect market that you'd be in. In your conclusion you learned from the interviews, that you could collect payment from other ways than you originally thought of, and I think that will be very beneficial for your business, because someone can't go "oh I don't have that app," you will already have alternatives.
ReplyDelete