Tuesday, June 2, 2020

11A – Idea Napkin No. 1

You: My name is Valeria Perez and I am a dietetic senior at the University of Florida. I have developed different skills throughout my life. I have been a dancer since I was 4 years old, and this has helped me to gain discipline.  I also enrolled in different sports such as basketball, tennis, and volleyball, but at the end of the day, my main hobbies are dance, photography, and baking. My career path has changed a little bit over time because 4 years ago I was a dental student and when I move to the United States I change to the field of nutrition. In my career, I had the opportunity to explore clinical nutrition and the culinary area of this field. I have been baking since I was very young, so the culinary nutrition area is really interesting for me. If I were to start a business it would be a family bakery business that will be important to me and my family. This will be a huge accomplishment for my family since we have been developing recipes, and in general, we love to bake. Therefore, a bakery will be a dream come true that will help us to get some extra income.

What are you offering to customers: I am offering bakery services where we will provide fresh baked goods such as a different kind of bread, different kinds of cookies, brownies, cupcakes, cakes. The customer will place their order online, and after we bake the product it will be delivered to their location (in Orlando area) This is a great option for people that do not have baking skills to get fresh homemade products.

Who are you offering to: My main customers are people that do not have baking skills or people that do not have to bake their own fresh-baked products. Moreover, the customer must live around the Orlando area since we are delivering the product.

Why do they care: They care because they are looking for good quality and fresh-baked products.  Moreover, the prices the customer will pay are almost the same as regular retail stores or other bakeries prices, and they will get that homemade and fresh flavor they are looking for. The products that my bakery offers are not preserved or frozen. In addition, we offer delivery of the products, so they won't have to go anywhere.

What are your competencies:   The main competencies are the banking skills that my family and I have developed all these years. Moreover, the recipes that my family and I have created are focused to be full of flavor. In addition, we have a little bit of experience on how to manage a bakery because back in Venezuela my aunt has her own bakery and we have helped her before.

Evaluation:  The ability that my family and I have to bake and create baked products gives me the opportunity to be successful with this idea I want to develop. I think all the elements fit and this business idea will work. The main factor that I am most worried about is the competition with big bakery companies since they are really well known, but I know that I create good quality bake products. Therefore, I will have to make sure to do a good marketing strategy to let people know about the bakery.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Valeria,
    I really like that you have a passion for your opportunity and that you would like to create a business out of your passion. Your knowledge in dietetic and nutrition is key in promoting a healthy lifestyle among your customer base. Your plan in allowing people to buy fresh baked goods instead of making it on their own is also great as people don’t always have the time and skills to make quality goods themselves. You might even be able to add healthy/gluten-free options to ensure you capture the needs of the customer. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked reading your post and learning more about why you picked this opportunity. As someone who also loves to bake and loves fresh baked goods, I see this as a great business. Sometimes however I need baked goods and do not have the time to make them myself. Having your business as an option for someone who does not have the time to do it themselves and does not want to buy the goods from the store is a great option. Eventually you might be able to also sell organic items because certain places in Orlando are pretty health conscious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Valeria,

    After reading your post, I think a strong point is that you have learned the nutritional background of the items you bake, something which will give you a competitive advantage. This allows you to balance the taste of a bakery item with the health factor, providing an optimal combination of the two to your customers. Additionally, if you could create a packaging method that preserves the baked goods, you could even deliver across the state for low delivery fees, expanding your customer base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Valeria, I noticed that you have a lot of past experiences and skills that you showed even from a young age. I can clearly see how you are more than qualified and very passionate about your business idea. I still love your idea of the fresh baked goods whenever you want it. Always promised fresh, and never frozen, like no other shop.

    ReplyDelete