Tuesday, August 4, 2020

30A – Final Reflection




1- It is been a journey of the learning experience reading my blog made me realized that I overcome several challenges. I remember that I was totally uncomfortable doing certain assignments such as the ones that included interviews. I am a shy person and it is hard for me to speak with people that I don't know, but I am glad this assignment helped me to go out of my comfort zone. I feel more confident when it comes to talking to others which is really important in my future career since I will be communicating with patients and other professionals. Moreover, I did 3 elevator pitch which let me practice for future presentations. I had to practice a lot but at the end of the day it turned out good.

2- I think the most formative experience was the elevator pitch videos because is not something that we commonly do. I think this helps me to prepare for future presentations it helped to practice the speed of my voice, body language, and movement of the hand and to memorized scripts. I feel totally proud that I accomplish to record these videos and that I improved every time that I recorded them. In addition, I feel extremely proud that I got to develop a bussiness idea that I have been thinking to demonstrate my baking skills, and that it might be a bussiness that can help my family to get an extra income and to start a new life.

3- I think that I have developed an entrepreneurial mindset because lately, I see opportunities for the creation of a product or service because I see that people have a necessity of them. Before taking this class my mind did not work that way. Moreover, I think that my mind is more open and I am always asking for feedback because I want to hear different points of view. Even if people don't say anything at the moment I ask what they think. When I cook something I ask my parents and sisters to give me their opinion on flavor, presentation, texture to know what I can improve to make it better.

4- If I had the opportunity to advise future students I will tell them that to be successful in this class they need to develop organization and time management skills because there is a lot to do. I will tell them to have an open mind at the time receiving feedback and use them to improve and see things from a different perspective and provide constructive feedback to others because is a huge help to know if you are doing this right or what you need to improve. In addition, work on a bussiness idea that you feel passion for because it will make your journey easier since you will have to stick to this idea till the end of the semester. Moreover, video lecture are important I recommend watching them and taking notes because cupcake questions come directly from these lectures.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Valeria, I loved reading your many posted every week, your venture concept of fresh baked goods on the spot every time often left me salivating to get my hands on one and intrigued to see what addition you would make to it. I agree with the tip you left for future students, I literally said the same thing. Organization in this class is huge and as long as you keep up with it and stay organized you will stay ahead of the game.

    ReplyDelete